CQRS and Event Sourcing are challenging if approached for the first time, and especially if done from scratch. Marco will help you with installing, configuring, and getting Prooph to run. You'll build a fairly simple event-sourced aggregate in order for you to understand how to organize things inside CQRS/ES stack, and how to massively simplify some problems that usually cause very big performance issues when put at scale.
- CQRS (Command Query Responsibility Segregation) principles
- ES (Event Sourcing) principles
- How CQRS and ES interact with each other
- Strength and weaknesses of the patterns
- How to implement all standard bits in a CQRS + ES application
- How to run an asynchronous CQRS + ES application
- How to analyze a simple business domain with CQRS + ES terminology
Marco, also known as Ocramius, is a software consultant at Roave. He is an experienced PHP developer and helps maintaining ZendFramework 2 and Doctrine ORM. Marco is also active in the PHP community as a mentor and supporter. When not coding for work, he usually hacks together new concepts and open source libraries or simply provides Q&A on IRC.